Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Downward Spiral 05/29/12

I wasn't planning on fishing again so soon, but I couldn't find my camera and I feared I had left it at the lake, or worse still, on top of my car.  I hurried back to Idaho, scanning the canyon for the wreckage of my camera, but to no avail.  I brought my backup camera, but it didn't get much use.  The water was still chilly and the fish just weren't aggressive.  I caught a few on a Megabass Vision 110, but only one was decent sized. 


I tried spinnerbaits, soft jerkbaits, cranks.  I don't recall finding much of anything in the shallows, and the deeper fish were really inactive.  The wind also kicked up, making subtle presentations more difficult.  It was some dang slow fishing.  I only managed 16 bass in the three hours before I had to head to work.  I did spy this cute little guy as I was leaving.


 It's always a treat to see amphibians in the arid west.  This story does have a happy ending though as I was reunited with my camera.  Apparently I set it on my wife's car the night before as I was unloading my gear and forgot to pick it up.  It made the 12 mile ride to her work that morning and somehow stayed on the car.  Even luckier still, someone noticed it there and contacted her.  I'm definitely a lot more careful with it now.

Total for trip:  16 bass

Total for year:  597 fish

No comments:

Post a Comment