Sunday, June 28, 2009

Logan River 2/20/2009



We finally got some days above freezing, and I just had to get out on the water. I wanted to make it down to the Blacksmith Fork, but I just didn't have time. I had always been curious about the lower section of The Logan River down by the golf course, so I decided to head there. I started out fishing heavy streamers through the deep holes near the confluence of The Blacksmith Fork, hoping to scare up some big browns. Well, I didn't, but I did discover some smaller fish rising to midges and blue wing olives, so I switched over to a halo midge emerger. That did the trick. I pulled a few browns out of the run before the ducks ruined it all. Apparently they thought my casting was instead me throwing them bread. After trying to scare them off for a while, I decided to scoot around them. The water grew faster here, so I switched over to a #16 dark mayfly nymph. In the end I managed five browns before work beckoned. Not great, but it certainly helped kill some of the winter blues, especially after last weeks blizzard.

Total fish for trip: 5
Total fish for year: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment