Sunday, June 28, 2009

Logan River 3/20/2009



Of course now that spring break is over and I have to go to school again, it's 68 and sunny. Well, school can wait. The Logan called me and I just couldn't resist. When I got up there, I was really happy to see that the water was crystal clear and just the perfect level for a nice afternoon of fly fishing. I fished Turk's and Stimulators with golden stone nymphs, hare's ears and dark mayfly droppers. The trout were quite eager to play and I managed six cutthroat and a brown and probably lost twice that many. I was able to spot fish one nice cutt that was feeding at the tail end of a nice run. As my fly passed, his head darted to the side, sucking in my nymph. I was also wonderfully surprised to have a few go after the attractor dries that I was using as an indicator. I had to head down the canyon after only a couple of hours to see if work needed me. I was greeted by a long line of cars and a t-boned sedan. They said they were currently cutting the driver out with the jaws of life and it would likely be 45 minutes to an hour before the road was open. Well, there was no way I was going to make it to work on time, so I headed upstream to look for reception. After about ten minutes I gave up and returned to the scene of the accident only to find that it was cleared up already and traffic was moving. I hurried down to Logan only to find that work didn't need me after all. So I picked up Leigh in Richmond and we ate icecream in Lewiston.

Total fish for the trip: 7
Total fish for the year: 21

No comments:

Post a Comment